How to Put Movies On Your PSP
Have you been pulling your hair out trying to put movies on your PSP? Many folks know it can be done but are confused on how to do it.
I am going to give you my quick and easy recipe for putting movies and video on your PSP. There are only a few steps and it is a cinch on you know how.
First like any recipe...You have your ingredients:
512 MB Pro Duo Stick (This is what holds your movie files (MP4)
DVD Player installed in your computer
DVD Ripper (This pulls the movie from the DVD to your computer)
PSP Video Converter (converts movie and video files to MP4 format that you watch on your PSP.)
(Note: There is software that has both the DVD Ripper and Converter combined)
1. Load your DVD and fire up your DVD ripper, select the movie or video you want to put on your PSP and hit the "extract" or "rip" button. Tell it where you want to save the file to.
2. If you already have movie and/or video files on your pc then all you need to do is hit "add" from your DVD ripper and tell it where you want to save the file to.
3. Select the file that you saved to your computer and hit the "extract and/or encode" button from your PSP video converter and save that file.
3. If you have DVD Ripper/PSP Video converter combo software...You can combine steps 1,2 and 3.
At this point you have the files on your PC...and they are in the correct format.
4. How to download or transfer your movies to PSP? Just connect your PSP with your PC with the USB cable, and create a folder on your Memory Stick called "MP_ROOT." and create a sub-folder called "100MNV01." under it. Copy your MP4 files to this location (no need to copy the .HTM files).
5. Now on your PSP go to video and memory stick and watch your movie!
That's it. It is real simple to put movies on your PSP!
Travis Sago is a computer technician and PSP enthusiast and fanatic. Don't have a good DVD ripper or psp video converter? You can learn more at PSP Studio
To start downloading music, movies and games visit the